5/13/2007

May 10, 2007 – The Mighty Mississippi

We got up this morning and decided we could not leave the river but we need to leave this campground. So we traveled about 40 miles north and are staying at Shady Creek Campground – another Army Corp of Engineers Campground. This one is beautiful and not only do we have water, we have electric also. Since COE is federal, they honor the Golden Age Passport so we are here for $9.00/night.

When we came in, we signed up for only one night. Now we have changed our minds and will be staying here until Monday. So today we did the grocery shopping. We are still getting use to how much the MH holds and planning meals. We are getting better and my goal is to have enough for 10 days. (Not there yet but getting close.)

Sitting here tonight watching the river and knowing I am having one of my dreams come true is awesome. Since I have no words that can express how I feel, I will leave you with some pictures:








No comments: