12/02/2008

December 2, 2008 – On the Road Again, Day 2

Our journey today took us over some of the beautiful mountains in southwestern Virginia and northeastern Tennessee and through quite a few snow squalls:
The weather finally cleared up early afternoon and we traveled in sunshine. Truck traffic was pretty heavy and for those who know me – a little nerve racking. (Andy was as cool as a cucumber.) We have ended our day at the local Wal-Mart in Lenoir City, TN. Tomorrow we will be in Nashville for a few days – can’t wait to see some of the sights.

I do have to mention that we got gas today for $1.439/gallon – can you believe it!! I never thought it would ever go this low - :-) And we are enjoying it.

Stay tuned.

Miles Traveled: 290 miles
Routes Traveled:
VA: US-220A; I-581; I-81
TN: I-81; I-40; I-75; US-321


No comments: