12/17/2023

December 4–14, 2023 Our time in Casa Grande

Been a while since I updated so here goes!

Monday, 12/4, we woke to a beautiful day and headed to the VA in Tucson for bloodwork and a nice breakfast afterwards.  Coming home, we made a stop at Fry’s and headed back home.  Later that afternoon was the park’s Meet and Greet where they have announcements and greet the new folks in the park.  It was good to see folks that I have not seen in a while and meet some new ones.

Tuesday, 12/5, was the big laundry day.  Today was all the afghans, quilts, etc. etc.  There is a great laundry in Casa Grande that has the LARGE, VERY LARGE washers and dryers so that is were we headed.  I have to tell you that you meet some interesting folks in the laundries.  We met this gentlemen that lives in the boonies in Nevada but spends December and January in Casa Grande with his parents.  He was very interesting!

Later that afternoon, the park had a tag along to the New Barro’s Pizza.  We had the back room and over 50 people showed up.  Great pizza and great fun!

Wednesday, 12/6, Andy helped the PCM committee fixing some of the sidewalks and I took off early for the Phoenix area.  First stop was Southwest RV in Glendale to see if we could get an appointment.  They came highly recommended by folks on the Nexus Forum so we were in the area and decided to check them out.  They are a small family owned business and for scheduling, I talked with the owner, Jeff, told him our problems and he told me exactly what it might be.  (I wanted to hug him… seems like we are getting the run around with others.)  The best part was he just had a cancellation for 12/12 if I wanted it.  Of course I said yes..otherwise we would be waiting until January or later.

From there I headed to Tempe to spend the day with my cousin, Kris.  We had a great time getting caught up with each other and the time just flew by.  Someday, I am going to spend a few days with her (Look out Kris!)…

2023-12-06 (2)

Thursday, 12/7, Andy and I put our new OTA antenna on the roof.  It works great!  Don’t know if I included this earlier in the blogs but the day we were leaving, we snagged some low hanging wires on our street, it came loose, and feel off somewhere on our way to New York.  We did not know we lost it until the next day.   (Wires were low because of a bad storm we had that sheared the poles.  All the wires were put back temporarily .  We were careful with the ones near us but missed watching the one near the end of the street.)  Anyway, all is good now.

Friday, 12/8, was soup lunch day.  I helped serve – fun time and great soup.  That afternoon was meet and greet followed by a Happy Hour.  What a great time and we got to meet even more folks.

(I am skipping a few days here.)

Tuesday, 12/12, we were up at O dark thirty and on the road by 6 AM to Glendale.  Southwest RV was 90 miles from us and we hoped the morning traffic had no hiccups.  We were blessed and got there at 7:30.  YEA!!!

The prognosis: With the exception of a few loose wires, there is no problem!  The mechanic, who was the owner’s son, took Andy thru all the electrical readings and explained how the “BIRD” worked on a Nexus.  They were wonderful and are on our list of helpful and reasonable places for RV maintenance.

About the dates I skipped….  On Thursday and Friday, I was feeling a little “funky” but still okay.  On Saturday, I was not well at all and continued to get worse.  So Tuesday night I was in Urgent Care.  Turns out I have an infection and was given strong antibiotics.  So now to get better and get my strength back.  (I am writing this as of 12/17 and I am much better!  Still not back to par but almost there – YEA!)

I had planned to do a number of things in Casa Grande but they will have to wait until we come back.  Oh well.

On 12/15, we headed to Yuma but that is the subject of another blog!

Stay tuned and enjoy today.

406459188_10228194298737106_3361268373536402037_n

5 comments:

Judy Rinehimer said...

Take care and I'll see you both in Boomerville in January!
(((HUGS))),
CoolJudy

Diane said...

Thanks Judy. See you then!

Anonymous said...

It was great to spend the day with you cuz! I'm looking forward to spending a few days together whenever you're here. I can't wait!

Sharon and Leo said...

I hope that you are feeling back to normal now! Isn't it great to find a good and honest mechanic! Merry Christmas! I hope that Santa is good to you!

Diane said...

Sharon and Leo,
Merry Christmas to you also. Yes, it was good to find this guy cause so many we called did not want to work on it..
And thanks for asking - I am feeling much better - about 90% there!