12/24/2023

December 18–23, 2023 Our time in Yuma

Monday, December 18th, 2023

With exception of a Walmart run, we hung out today and got a few things caught up.

 

Tuesday, December 19th, 2023

Whenever we come here, we like to have the RV washed (especially the roof) and waxed.  A few days ago, we contacted Robert’s RV Wash (who we have used in the past) and made the appointment for this morning.   Around 10 AM, three guys showed up and within 2 hours, it was washed, waxed and looks beautiful!  Great job and highly recommended.

If you have been following my blog, my cat, Dusty, passed in February.  He had not been feeling well for a while and I had the hardest time finding a vet.  So this past summer, I decided that I would have a vet here in Yuma or Yuma area that I could call when there was a problem.  After much research and recommendations (Thank you to Jenny Shepherd), I found that vet – The Yuma Vet Clinic https://www.yumavetclinic.com/.

I decided to have Bella be the first patient.  She needs to have bloodwork done every 6 months plus she is on medicine that I may need a refill in the future.  I arrived at the scheduled time, they took her in, examined her, took bloodwork, and the vet came out to update me.  We had a wonderful conversation about Bella going forward.  (On a side note: I made copies of Bella’s most recent records to give them.) 

Bella needs to have a dental – I did have them check her mouth and jaw because of her eating behavior.  (Bella was abused before we found her, had to have some reconstruction on her jaw and I knew that we would have dental issues going forward.)  Since she is 12 years old, I decided to get everything done.  My theory is that the older a cat gets, it is more dangerous to go under anesthesia.  Two years ago, they took a lot of her teeth and I told the vet, if you need to take them all – go for it!  Her appointment is 01/09/23.

(I did get a call from their office on 12/21/23 to ask me how she was doing and to tell me that all the bloodwork results were available and she is doing good – YEA!)  Yep!  I like this clinic!

As you know, I do have another cat but he is younger and is healthy so I will establish him with the vet at a future time.

 

Wednesday, December 20th, 2023

First thing this morning, we had a video appointment with Andy’s VA doctor.  We were a little concerned because of our WIFI access but everything went smooth.  Our next appointment is in February.

Late morning, we picked up pizza and headed out to see our friends, Peg and Larry, who are camped in the California Desert.  It was so so great to see them and get caught up.  I think the last time we saw them was New Year’s Eve – 12/31/22.  

What a great time.  Thank you Peg and Larry.

We will be heading their way on Sunday to spend a week with them.  So looking forward to it!

So.. WIFI access..  In 2021, I did the FMCA Hotspot with Unlimited Access…  Up until October of 2023, we NEVER had a problem.  Since then we have had a problem almost EVERYWHERE.  When I called they told me that I used so many Gigs and I was throated back in a high use area.  I reminded them that this was unlimited and getting 0 internet was not acceptable. Also.. I was in the middle of NOWHERE and had 4 bars of service but really bad internet!  Well they were not very responsive.  Sadly I have recommended this to everyone I met and I truly am sorry but this year it SUCKS!

SOO, I can upgrade with FMCA that may give me more priority but I would rather go with someone else…  Any recommendations short of Star-Link… which may be where we go…

 

Thursday, December 21, 2023

CRAFT FAIR DAY! – YEA!   One of my favorite things to do!  This was at Country Roads RV and lots of good stuff.  Yes, I bought a few things but most important was I bought chances on 4 quilts and a sewing machine.   Keep your fingers crossed.  (Last year I won the quilt made by Sun Vista Quilters…on my RV bed now.)

After that was resupply day – Walmart and Fry’s – yes, I did get some good buys so now our pantry is full.  (FYI – defrosted fridge on Monday so we really needed supplies.)

Friday, December 22, 2023

Many of you know my nightmare stories of haircuts on the road!  Last year I found Traci at All Seasons Beauty Bar (https://www.allseasonsfoothills.com/) thru Phyllis Kleinmaier Schell.  So a few weeks ago, I made an appointment and today was the day! Traci really knows natural curly hair and did another great job!  Thank you.

Afterwards I met Andy at the American Veterans Lodge.  Today was their meat draw at 1 PM.  (I enjoy those as much as craft fairs!).  So we had lunch and met a great bunch of folks and I won a big steak!  YEA!   (Side note: Pam and Ross, my meat draw buddies, where are you????)

Weather today was LOTS of rain.  Surprising for the desert but it was windy and rainy!

Saturday, December 23, 2023

Yikees!  Today was laundry day!  They have a great laundry on Payson and Frontage road that we have used many times so that is where we spent our morning! I am not a big fan of laundry day but always glad when it is done!

Back home, we put not only laundry but our outside stuff away.

Our travels to the laundry and gas…. Lots of standing water and mud.  Oh My!   But the farmers need it!

Tomorrow we head to the California Desert so hopefully I will have some pictures.

But since I did not take any pictures, I will leave you wit a few of my favorites from our last trip.

2022-10-11 US101 Florence to Yachets OR (72)

2022-11-26 A Travel Pahrump Vegas (8)

2022-11-28 Travel from Pahrump NV to Quartsite AZ (76)

2023-01-23 Road Trip to Parker Dam Byway (13)

2023-03-31 Travel Gila Bend to Casa Grande (40)

2023-02-21 Kingman Rt 66 Museum Powerhouse (92)

406756602_318101894510217_4623287367548026441_n

 

 

No comments: