3/18/2023

February 27–March 1, 2023 North Ranch and Friends and an OH-OH

This morning we woke to a nice sunny day so we packed up and headed south with me driving.  It was my first time driving on the interstate (I-40) and it went okay.  We made the turn south on US-93 passing some awesome scenery.  The road wasn’t the best of shape and about 40 miles from Wickenburg, we heard a strange sound….OH-OH…..

I pulled over and we looked underneath.. Our one tailpipe bracket broke (the other bracket held) and the tailpipe was dragging.  Plus it got hung up on the drive shaft.  OH. S—T! 

And, of course, we are in the middle of nowhere and no cell service.  Well, off I went in the car and found a place to call.  Told our road service where we were and what happened and that we had no cell service.  Back at the RV, we waited for an hour.  Went back to the cell phone area, no message.  Called again!  Their answer is we are still trying to find someone.  Now back at the RV, we look the situation over and figure if we can cut the other bracket, we might be able to get the tail pipe over the shaft.  So we waited for another hour and did the same routine.. drove car to cell service, no message, called .. they are still trying to find someone…

Back at the RV, Andy and I started to cut the bracket.  In the meantime, I was able to get texts and was texting our friends Geri and John.  They decided to get some tools and head up to us.  (THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!)

After trying, we finally got the bracket off.   Now, we both had to go under the motorhome and lift the pipe up and over the drive shaft.. At this time, I get a phone message that a mechanic is coming to us.  Should be 2-3 hours.  Sheesh!!

Back to the tailpipe, we finally got it! (Thank you, God!).  Just as were putting it in the grass, Geri and John were here – Thank you so much.  John and Andy got the pipe in the motorhome and off we went (hoping that no other damage was done).  Once we got into cell phone range, I cancelled the road service.  We made it safely to Geri and John’s place with no other issues…..

Our tailpipe:

IMG_20230228_075203005

 

IMG_20230228_075720166

We have an appointment in April in Casa Grande to get this fixed.

Miles Traveled (02/27): 120 Miles

Routes Traveled:

Arizona: McDonald Avenue; Detroit Avenue; Andy Devine Blvd; I-40; US-93; AZ-71; AZ-89

-----------------

We met Geri and John a few years ago in Quartzsite and traveled and hung out together for quite a few years.  Seeing them in Quartzsite a month ago made me realize how much I missed them so I just had to spend more time with them.  They were gracious enough to let us mooch-dock in their driveway.

I did not take pictures – sorry..  But these are from my earlier blogs..

In 2013, Andy, Diane, Geri, John, Sue, Bruce:

1410669_10200940195805866_1499433417

Sadly, we lost Bruce a while ago.  And if you are following the blog, I spent time with Sue in October 2022.

In 2013, Diane, Sue, Geri, Pat:

11-08-13-A-DV-4x4-Titus-Canyon-Road-[112]

In 2012, Bruce, Sue, Diane, Andy, John, Geri, Bill, Shelley:

01-27-12 Boomerville 019[3]

Such good memories!

Over the next few days, we had some meals together and got caught up with each other.  We told stories, laughed and laughed some more and cried too.  What a wonderful time.  It did my heart good to spend time with them and I feel so blessed to know them.

On Tuesday, I went to beading with Geri and saw a number of ladies that I met over the years at beading.  On Wednesday, we went to Delores's and met with others that I have not seen in a long time.   It was so so good to see these ladies that taught me over the years.  And many of them I worked with at a few Bead Weeks.  I really missed them!  What a wonderful group.

-----------------

Andy and I are very blessed to meet many of the good folks in our travels.   When I came off the road, I knew I had to.  So part of me put blinders on so I did what I had to do and not miss folks and traveling.   Coming back on the road, I wanted to reconnect with folks who made my heart smile.  And boy, I never realized how much I missed them until we reconnected! We are blessed both on the road and at home.

Thank you to all who make my heart and soul smile!

______________

Tomorrow we head to Casa Grande so stay tuned, enjoy today, and enjoy those who make your heart and soul smile.

--------------------

995281_608616305842550_1827078167_n

No comments: