3/09/2023

February 21-26, 2023 Kingman Arizona Part 1 Dusty

This is the one blog that I have been dreading to make…

We arrived on 2/20/23 and had an appointment for our kitty Dusty on 2/22/23 to check his bloodwork numbers.  He was getting the prescription food and at times I had to do some force feeding.  He was also get subQ fluid and at a certain point, he would just cry.  I am going to tell you that it was breaking our hearts.

On Tuesday, 22nd, all three cats were on our bed in the sunshine.  I watched our Bella clean Dusty and then move away.  Have to say that they are a bonded pair so this was not unusual.  Then I watched Gray come over and clean Dusty (which I have never seen) and I knew they were saying goodbye.

On Wednesday we went to the vets, had the tests done, and they were worse.  I asked the vet..what is the prognosis.  She told me that Dusty has now moved to hospice.  If we fed him the prescription food (which we had to force feed) and give him SubQ fluids (which he cried every time), we might have a few weeks.  DAMN!!

So we made the decision to let him go..  I was with him as he crossed the rainbow bridge….

All I can say is that there are no words…

2022-04-30 Cats (2)

 

2022-07-06 Cats (18)

2020-12-07 Dusty (1)

 

He will be cremated and we will pick up his ashes in the future..

--------

Back at home for the next week….

Bella was bonded with Dusty.. she is lost and her behavior is a little erratic.  She just needs to find her place again.

Gray has been the biggest surprise.  The day after Dusty passed, he sat on my lap and put his paws on my chest and has become my Velcro cat.  He has been a member of our household since 2017 and this has been a surprise. And I will say, this helped me cause Dusty has been my Velcro cat since 2009.

---------

So this is part of the reason I have not been updating my blog.. Those of you who know me, know my cats are special to me.  This has been heartbreaking.

---------

We did continue to pay tourist because I just could not just sit!!!  So stay tuned for out adventures!

------

FB_IMG_1452033907417

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am sad for you. It is heartbreaking when we lose a member of our family. Hugs, Gail Horner

Diane said...

Thank you Gail!

Sandy Koury said...

So sorry Diane and Andy, I remember from your past post when Dusty found you. It really is heartbreaking.

Diane said...

Thank you Sandy..