7/08/2024

June 28th, 2024 - Halibut and Moose

Fishing Day!  Andy and I got our fishing license last evening so we were all ready to go today.

This is cool - We get on the boat and a tractor puts us into the water:



We motored out to a spot.  Larry and Peg showed us what to do and fished we did.  We got our limit of fish plus a cod!  YES- I CAUGHT A FISH - YAHOO.  (Two actually - LOL!).

I was having so much fun and got so caught in the excitement, I didn't take pictures...  Oh well.

Andy took one of me on the way back:


Coming back in:


They are ready for us:


And we are out:


Pulling another boat out:


On our way home - check out the eagle:


Our catch:


The lonely cod:


Here we are with our trophies - Peggy and Larry:


Diane and Andy:


Peggy and Diane:


Larry and Andy - the brothers from a different mother - they are so much alike:


Diane, Andy, and Larry:


Diane, Andy and Peggy:


I watched Peggy filet in the afternoon - she does a great job and I learned a lot.  We both packaged it up and then into the freezer - YUM!

As we were relaxing after supper, I looked out the window and what do I see coming up the creek - MOOSEY!!!














Oh My,  I was just besides myself and could not talk.  Just kept saying to Andy..oh, oh ,oh, and pointing.  These creatures are so incredibly beautiful!

What a treat - we are so blessed, and a great end to a fabulous day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loving your posts but your dates threw me. Lol

Diane said...

Dates are fixed now - Sorry about that1 :-)