4/30/2024

April 28th - 30th, 2024 Travel to Washington (State, not DC)

April 28th, 2024

We said our "see you laters" plus lots of hugs to Sue and headed north.  We hope to see her in a few months.

It was another beautiful day.

Over the Snake River:


Into Oregon:


We traveled this route in September 2022.  The views were still breathtaking (do I say that too much?):



We are on the interstate here - lots of hills and valleys:





And rivers too:


I am playing with my camera settings which is why you see the different overall color.



Homes in the middle of nowhere:



Abandoned homes - what is their story?:


Lone tree???:




The mountains - dramatic:


Another OMNI - can you tell I was excited to see this?:


The view - can you imagine living here:

Oh my!:



Oh-Oh... no we were ok (I checked before we traveled this way):


This is part of the Oregon Trail and yes, they did come over these mountains.  This area is on my bucket list - there are still ruts in the road from those early travelers:


They mean business!  It is a LONG downhill.  The trucks need to take lots of precautions.   I cannot imagine how our early pioneers crossed this way.


Check this out - God bless our truckers:



Here we go - Down!:







We are down!:


Kudos to my Andy - I held my breath!:

Farms on the valley floor:


OMGOSH!  What a treat!  Another OMNI!:


Large Granary - no longer used:
 

Over the Columbia River:


Past the McNary Dam:


Into Washington State:

We are camped at the Plymouth Park Campground right below this bridge.  It is an ACOE campground and we stayed here in September 2022.  

We were hoping to have a campfire but between the wind and the rain, we just set up and settled in. 

Stats for today:

Miles Traveled: 228 Miles

Routes Traveled:

Idaho: US-95

Oregon: US-95; I-84; I-82

Washington: I-82; WA-14; Plymouth Road


April 29th, 2024

Today was a hang out day and that is just what we did.  The weather was rainy, windy, chilly so it was a good day to do just that.  We did do a few things around the motorhome so it wasn't a total loss - LOL!


April 30th, 2024

We had a number of errands to do today so that is what we did - Recycle, UPS Store, Visitor Center and Groceries.  We also checked out where we are heading tomorrow.

When I made the reservations for this park, I never realized that we were here before.  Going back thru my pictures, I did not find any so I just had to take a few today.



I try to take pictures of every park but in the past few years I have slacked.  Need to get on the band wagon again!

We did come here to just hang out.  In 2022, we did do some exploring in this area and it is covered here:

https://thehitzels.blogspot.com/2022/10/september-26-27-2022-plymouth-mcnary.html

This is a great park to just hang out OR use it as a base.  Within 50 miles - N, S, E, W - there is a lot to see and do.  Mostly, we have used it as a place to hang out but who knows in the future.

We have a site that has water and electric.  The dump station and the sewer on some of the FHU is out of commission.  We talked to the ranger this morning and he said they are not sure where it is blocked.  They have had a 200 foot line thru but did not help.  (Hopefully someone did not dump something they should not have dumped.  SAD but we have seen this in some places.  WTH!)

So tomorrow we have a short trip north and a cool tour scheduled for Thursday.

Stay tuned and enjoy today.

2 comments:

Jane said...

We are in Castle Rock WA for a few days. See you down the road.

Diane said...

Sounds good! We just moved up to Richland today for a couple days.