7/12/2014

July 11, 2014 (Part Two) Looking Back

Today was a hang out day – you know, one of those days when you get up, have a cup of coffee and decide to stay in your jammies… (Plus it was cloudy and threatening all day so that made it even nicer to stay put.)

I updated all my blogs, messages, and email.  So if I owe you an email and you haven’t heard from me, please resend.

I also backed up my pictures on a separate drive and while doing so, went back thru some of my old ones.  Old is a relative term since we have only been doing digital about 10 years.

I had one of those thoughts of… “Where were we on July 11 over the past couple years?”  Well, here it is:

In 2013, we were in Michigan at Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore:

07-11-13 A Pictured Rocks NS (20)

In 2012, 2011, and 2010, we were at home in Pennsylvania.

In 2009, we were at the Moose Dropping Festival in Talkeetna, Alaska – what fun:

07-11-09 Moose Dropping Festival 008

The best part of that day is we met these folks – fellow Escapes who have now become friends:

07-11-09 Moose Dropping Festival 050

In 2008, we were in Vermont:

07-10-08 044

In 2007, we were at Sourdough Campground in Tok, Alaska.  My sister in law Marcia is on the right and I am on the left.  We both got pancakes in the bucket – Smile.   Ken Alright is the guy kneeling.  He was the owner of the campground and sad to say that he passed away in 2008 in a snowmobile accident. 

07-11-07 029

What an interesting journey through time – I may have to do this again.

Enjoy today!

No comments: