10/24/2009

October 23, 2009 – Travel to Nevada

The sunrise this morning:

10-23-09 0A 006 

I have to say that this picture was by my Andy with his new birthday camera.   Those who know me, know that I am not a morning person and he did a great job in capturing the beauty of this sunrise!!

We made our way further south – more pictures of the high desert:

10-23-09 A Travel on 395 001

If you look in the left middle of this picture, there are trees with the fall colors.  We have found that every area near a home/ranch we saw a number of trees, most now changing color – what a contrast to the surrounding area.

10-23-09 A Travel on 395 003

We made our way thru Reno and are staying at Washoe Lake State Park – between Reno and Carson City.  What beauty!!!  I promise pictures tomorrow.

Andy and I spent the day doing some things around the motorhome and just enjoying the sunshine and the dry weather.  And, of course, the incredible sunset, the stars and a great campfire!!   (And we heard the coyotes howling!)

Stats:

Miles Traveled:  94 Miles

Routes Traveled:

California: US-395

Nevada: US-395

No comments: