10/21/2009

October 21, 2009 – A Lazy Day

We woke to rain this morning and decided to just relax.  When the rain let up we decided to do a little exploring.

The first stop was at the Deschutes River viewpoint in the campground:

10-21-09 La Pine Oregon 005

We made a stop at the post office in La Pine and then off to the Lava Lands Visitor Center.   This area has a number of natural lava formations and we wanted to see some of them.  The center and surrounding area – closed for the season as well as the Lava River Caves.  We then went to the Lava Cast Forest but the road ended and with the rain last night and this morning, I did not want to drive 8 miles on a dirt road..

So we headed back to the RV and relaxed.  I did get caught up with my emails since the computer crash and transfer.  So if I owe you an email and you have not heard from me, please email me again.  The rain also started again so no campfire tonight.  

Tomorrow we head further south but this area still remains on our bucket list (only earlier in the season) – I am going to need more buckets – LOL!

A final picture of our site:

10-21-09 La Pine Oregon 009

No comments: