2/24/2024

February 16 - 20, 2024 More Yuma and Artsy Fartsy


On Friday, 16th, I went to Ladies Coffee at the park - what a great time!  Wish we would do it more than once a week.  

Here we are (Thank you Bonnie for the photos):



I don't know everyone here but I will get there.

On another day, we talked to the Lot Committee Co-Chairman about our upgrades and hopefully we will be able to do them next season.  Next steps are estimates of the work.

On Sunday, 18th, I went to a Glass and Resin Class at the Artsy Fartsy Studio in Yuma.  What fun!  My masterpiece - LOL!



Is this something that I might explore?  Hmmm....   I would love to say yes but I do not want to take on another hobby so no, I will just go to these events if I like the picture.

I could not take it home with me since we are leaving here on Wednesday.  I will pick up when I head back this way.  

They have crafts here in the park from Monday thru Saturday from 1PM-3PM.  There is a great group of ladies that get together and do their crafts and others who join them.  I do not get there often but when I do, it is a lot of fun.   So I was able to get there on Monday!  For me, it is a smaller group and easier to get to know people.

On Tuesday, 20th, was our park's annual membership meeting.  There were so many people there that I have never seen before.  The meeting was...interesting.  If you have ever been to these types of meetings or even HOA membership meetings, you will know what I am talking about.  But, I do have to say, kudos to our board members and kudos to the parliamentarians who kept it on track.

I did volunteer to be on one of the focus groups (because I do have a vested interest) so we will see what happens.  Since we travel, I can always do Zoom or email.  

Later that day, our friends Pam and Steve came in to the park.  We checked in with each other and I was able to spend a little time with Pam later that evening.  So hopefully our paths will cross again.

In between, we did the normal stuff - Laundry, shopping, etc.

I have been doing research on how to get my pictures back on the blog and I am going to try some of the solutions.   Sadly, Google has changed a number of things and many, if not most, of the third party programs that uploaded to Blogger are no longer able to do that.  Sad!

Tomorrow we head to Parker area so stay tuned and enjoy today!





2 comments:

Judy Rinehimer said...

I will see Pam and Steve in Albuquerque. They volunteer as "Navigators" and drive shuttle carts.

Diane said...

They are good folk! Love them dearly! Hope all is well with you and we can touch base sometime this season!