9/04/2022

Summer 2022 Home in Pennsylvania

Hard to believe we were home five months! WOW!  That time went fast..

In short, this is what we were up to on the travel blog part:

RV Upgrades – We “Hitzelized” the RV – made it more our own.  I will have a blog in the future on what we did.  We have more we want to do so one of our stops will be at the RV surplus stores/warehouses near Elkhart, Indiana.

In June, we took a short trip to Tompkins Campground on Cowanesque Lake to test some of our changes.  We had a nice time and did have to make some more adjustments.  I think we may be making more as we travel. LOL!

Since we realized on the last trip that our GPS was outdated (lifetime maps really are not lifetime..), we did our research and purchased an Garmin RV 890 GPS.  It has been a learning curve (helps keep my mind active!). 

Also purchased a new camera – Sony DSC RX10 IV and that truly has been a learning curve and I am only at the beginning.

We put together a checklist of items we need to pack and things to do before we travel.  It will probably be an ongoing list as we travel.  

I also researched a planning tool for travel since my other programs were outdated.  I am currently using RV Life Trip Wizard along with All Stays and Escapee Days End.  The cool thing with RV Life Wizard is that the planned trip can be exported to the Garmin RV890..  Cool.

On the personal part:

We enjoyed spending time with friends/family although we did not spend as much time as we wanted to.

Andy was involved in some of the amateur radio events and Elks club events.  I helped King Cole Winery with a few wine events and got to a few craft shows and concerts.

Health wise, Andy is doing good.  I ended up getting the flu twice, then broke my toe, then COVID (again, sheesh!)  This time with COVID, my doctor started me on Praxlovid right away.  The week after I finished the pills, I felt wonderful and still do.  Makes me wonder if I had been fighting some other virus for the last few months. 

We had many discussions on traveling due to the price of everything. We feel that since we are both relatively healthy now and we know how quickly that could change, we are going to continue traveling until we can’t. 

Our plans right now are to head west to Washington, seeing friends and family along the way.  Then head to the southwest.  No real concrete plans after Washington.. so it will be an adventure.

We are on our way tomorrow so stay tuned and enjoy today!

231309828_4006299442832766_5642891349345323189_n

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad we connected when I was visiting family in PA. Our paths may cross again as you head west! SAFE TRAVELS 👍🥰

Diane said...

Absolutely! We will keep in touch and SAFE Travels to you too.

Robert said...

Love reading your travel blogs, Diane!

Diane said...

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping me posted love you!