9/29/2009

September 26, 2009 - The Grove of the Patriarchs (And My Computer)

I woke this morning, turned on the computer, had lines all over the place, and after the intro screen – nothing!!  So I went thru the diagnostics which told me it was the video card.  Now I just had this card replaced in April so you know I was not a happy camper.  I called Dell and was on the phone for two hours.  The first technician told me it wasn’t the video card but a software issue and I would need to restore it to the original (2006!!!).  I was not willing to do that since I was sure it was the video card so he put me on hold and disappeared.  After 20 minutes, I called again, went thru everything AGAIN (why don’t they believe me??) and he says it is the software.  I totally disagree but at this time, MAYBE, they might be right.  So EVERYTHING is WIPED off my hard drive and we do a restore from 2006 (we did earlier restores and that did not work so he wanted me back to the beginning).  After we do all that and do the start up again, SAME THING HAPPENS.  So now, the technician feels it is the VIDEO CARD – NO S—T!   And now I have a computer that is not working with a bad video card and I am back to the original software from 2006 when I first got it…  All my programs and settings – GONE – because I (and the computer diagnostics which ALSO said it was the Video Card) was not believed – can you tell I am TICKED!!!

Now here is the situation with Dell.  They will come and fix and they tell you it will be within 5 days.  When this happened before, we were traveling and when we got to Everett, I called with the case number, etc.  and had to go thru EVERYTHING again and THEN had to wait over two weeks for a part.  So I told them I was in Everett and hopefully the part will be there when I get back.

Enough!

After I calmed down and had lunch, we traveled to Mount Rainier National Park and did The Grove of the Patriarchs Trail – wait until you see these trees.

 09-26-09 Grove of the Patriarchs - Mt Rainier 001a

This area is also part rainforest and we saw moss growing on many of the trees and bushes – not only here but in the National Forest.  How about this moss:

09-26-09 Grove of the Patriarchs - Mt Rainier 010

Andy on the trail.  We took pictures of each other just to show how large the trees are:

09-26-09 Grove of the Patriarchs - Mt Rainier 020

One of the rivers – in the deeper area, the water is a turquoise blue:

09-26-09 Grove of the Patriarchs - Mt Rainier 025

09-26-09 Grove of the Patriarchs - Mt Rainier 029

I am standing by the root of a downed tree:

09-26-09 Grove of the Patriarchs - Mt Rainier 036 Andy on the trail:

09-26-09 Grove of the Patriarchs - Mt Rainier 046

Look at how small I am – LOL:

09-26-09 Grove of the Patriarchs - Mt Rainier 053

09-26-09 Grove of the Patriarchs - Mt Rainier 055a

Andy in front of those two Douglas firs.

09-26-09 Grove of the Patriarchs - Mt Rainier 058

This is a cedar and it is HUGH!!!

09-26-09 Grove of the Patriarchs - Mt Rainier 062

One of the downed trees.  Here is where one of the branches was cut – interesting design:

09-26-09 Grove of the Patriarchs - Mt Rainier 066

It was an amazing trail!!

This is our last night here and we had our final campfire and were joined by our neighbors – what a nice time!!

No comments: