1/07/2009

January 7, 2009 – Palomas, Mexico

We took a little trip to Palomas, Mexico this morning. This little town is right over the border and many retirees go here to get dental work done as well as eyeglasses and vision checkups. Many of the doctors were trained in the US and their rates are reasonable. We had a few doctors recommended to us and I know if I need extensive dental work or even new glasses, I may go here since I do not have dental insurance and very minimal vision insurance.

Pictures of the border crossing and the international fence:

The town:



The Welcome Sign (always makes me feel good to see this):


I did buy one souvenir while I was there. To my Red Hat Sisters – wait until you see the beautiful red and gold sombrero!!!

We stopped at K-Mart on our way back – our coffee maker died. We also checked out a few hardware stores for a water pressure gauge – that died also – but we could not find any.

Back home, we started planning our moves over the next month so stay tuned!!

No comments: