3/19/2024

March 5 - 15, 2024 Our Time in Casa Grande - Part 1

After hooking up and saying our "see you laters" to Sue,  we made our way south and east.

Spring in the desert:




Past the farm fields:


Past the solar farms:


Past the desert flowers:

To our lot in Casa Grande SKP Park:


Where we will be for the next few weeks.  After settling in, we joined a few of our neighbors at Barro's Pizza for a great time.

Stats for today:

Miles Traveled: 80 Miles

Arizona:  Painted Rock Dam Road; I-8; Montgomery Road

On Friday, March 8th, Andy dropped me off in Chandler and I spent a wonderful weekend with my cousin.  A little background:  Kris and I had no contact growing up and we got together about 10 years ago.  Whenever I traveled this way, we tried to get together for lunch.  So last fall we talked about me staying with her for a few days and I am so glad we made plans.   Have to say, it was a great girl's weekend talking and laughing and getting to know one another.  (Thank you Kris.) Hope to do it again in the fall.

Saturday, March 9th was the Tempe Festival for the Arts.  It is a 3 day affair in Tempe every fall and spring and it is huge.  So Kris and I spent a few hours amazed at the creativity of the artists.  WOW!  Last spring, I bought a pair of earrings from Paula Chang and loved them.  So I contacted her and she was a vendor again this year.  What a wonderful woman!  Very creative.   

Sunday, March 10th, our weekend ended.  Kris brought me back to Casa Grande.  Andy cooked us supper and we said our "see you laters" until the fall.

Kris and I in our backyard:


On Tuesday, March 12th, we took the RV to Southwest RV in Glendale for service: oil, oil filter, and fuel filter change.  They were able to do an oil and oil filter change but not the fuel filter.  Our RV has two fuel filters: One is readily available, the other is not (we did not know that).  So we have ordered the fuel filters and will be having them changed next week near Arizona City.

Those are the highlights of Part 1.  In between the highlights was laundry, shopping, cleaning, cooking, cleaning out our sheds, repairing stuff, visiting, hanging out, etc.  The normal stuff - LOL!

Thanks for coming along and enjoy today.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved spending the weekend with you! Can't wait for next time! Love you 🥰

Diane said...

Love you too cuz! It was a blast!

firstep said...

It's been great travelling with you (virtually) this year. I am so envious! My gosh, gal, you are getting grey - just like me!!

Diane said...

Thanks Lynne, Yes, stopped coloring my hair but wish it was truly white. You have beautiful hair!