3/20/2009

March 17 - 19, 2009 - More Doctors

Here are the results. Andy had the endoscope on Wednesday (18th). We met with Dr. Hutchinson right after the procedure and then met with Dr. Alam today. It turns out that he has multiple ulcers caused (probably) by the combination of Plavix and full strength aspirin. They have also done a biopsy to check for infection but Dr. Alam feels that there probably is no infection. So for now, he will be on Nexium and off the Plavix and full strength aspirin (the switch will be to baby aspirin) and testing again in 3 - 4 months. We had a good discussion with Dr. Alam on any symptoms to look for if there could be problems.

We have been extremely impressed with the care we have received from the Wickenburg Hospital to Dr. Alam to Dr. Hutchinson. So much so that Dr. Alam and Dr. Hutchinson will be his Arizona doctors. (And, if needed, Dr. Alam will also be mine.)

During this whole incident and thinking about my friend, Maureen, untimely death, we have decided that if something would happen to Andy or I when we travel, we would want to be cremated and taken along the journey. (So to our family and friends, this is our wishes.) I know that a viewing is important for closure but I think they are the hardest thing for loved ones to go thru. I would rather have people remember the good and funny times… and have a wonderful remembrance party - with good food and alcohol - LOL!!!

To all reading this…something to think about and to talk to your loved ones about.

Elliot is doing okay for now. He is enjoying the sun and sleeping a lot. When we go outside, he loves being out in the sun and the breeze with us. We did talk with the vet, Dr. Rick, at Bar S Clinic on Tuesday and so far so good!!!! We have also made him our Arizona vet because of the good care he has given Elliot and the amount of time he spent talking with me (as well as calling us to check on Elliot)!

So right now we are planning to leave on Monday and make our way north. It is starting to get quite warm during the day - summer is coming!!!

Besides the doctor, we have done some shopping and checked out the area. I went to beading class on Tuesday and learned more stitches. I have truly enjoyed the beading group. The ladies are great - now only have they taught me a lot but helped me laugh when I really needed it. Thank you ladies. Tomorrow will be my last time with the group for this season and I will miss them. Bead week is in 2.5 weeks but we will not be here for that - so maybe next year we will stay around for that.

And with everything going on and finally settled, I found out that my computer that crashed actually has a warranty. I talked with Dell today and when we get to my daughter, Sandy’s, they will send someone to look at it. If they fix it, I may sell the new one…

Email… I have replied to all who sent me emails and tonight I sent a test email to those in my contact list. If I owe you an email and you have not received an answer or you do not receive the test email, please use the comment area on the blog and let me know. I think I finally have it fixed but I am not sure…

That’s it for now. Stay tuned for our next adventure.

No comments: