1/26/2009

January 21 – 26, 2009 – More Quartzsite

We continue to have a great time enjoying the scenery, the sun, the people, the happy hours, the campfires, and the desert.

On the 21st (Wednesday afternoon) I went to a wire wrapping class. It was a lot of fun but it is not as easy as it looks. However, I did learn how to make jump rings for my beading. I normally buy them and now have an easier and cheaper way to get them.

On the 22nd (Thursday), we went up to Bouse (~ 15 miles away) to pick up our mail (Thanks, Tina). What a beautiful ride up over the Plomosa Mountains. We took one of the desert roads and stopped for some pictures. Some scenes:






We also got to take some pictures of us with a Saguaro cactus:
Aren’t they huge!

And we found this in Bouse:


(A place for Andy’s stuff - :-))

In the afternoon, we walked around The Main Event. We were told that this was the original market in Quartzsite and they did sell a little of everything. From there we took in some more shops along Main Street. I truly think that there is a little bit of everything here and some things one never thought of!!

Our group met for supper at Crazy Al’s Pizza – good pizza and lots of fun.

On the 23rd (Friday), I went into town while Andy waited for the “Honey Wagon” – their slogan is “Number 1 in the Number 2 Business.” There is also another company here whose slogan is “Yesterday’s meals on wheels.” (What a hoot.)

Anyway, I got to see the crystal lady and bought some Swarovski crystals at a really good price. When I got back, the “Wagon” did not show up so we broke camp and went to town to dump.

For supper, about 8 of us went to Bouse for Friday’s Fish and Chips at the local Café – mmmmm!

On the 24th, (Saturday), Andy went over to the Amateur Radio group and dropped me off at the POW-WOW (another meet). And folks, can you believe, I am beaded out!! I think I have enough supplies for a year - :-)

We then stopped at one of the local RV dealers to check out some of the deals... (And there are deals!). No, we did not buy any but if we ever decide to full time, we know we will.

After a trip to the grocery store in Parker, we just took it easy and enjoyed the rest of the day.

On the 25th (Sunday), a group of us went to breakfast in Bouse and then Andy and I went to the laundry. In between, Andy went to the tool shop and then I went back to the bead shop (I guess I am not beaded out after all - :-)).

Today, the 26th, I took another wire wrapping class and I could not believe how nice my project came out – I will have to take a picture and put on the blog. I could really get into this... Next winter, I am definitely taking more classes.

Quartzsite is starting to empty. Many of the rallies are over and many RVers are leaving. Our group has dwindled down to 4 rigs (8 people) and tonight we went to supper in Bouse.

So you are now caught up to what we have been doing. Tomorrow we head to Yuma. I am hoping we get a place with full hookups – I really miss them!! If we do we are staying for a week, if not, we will make other plans. Stay tuned.

And a big thanks to our Chapter 6 friends and other friends that we have met here. We have had a great time and hope to see you on down the road. Stay safe.

5 comments:

Neil Richard said...

Is it bad that I've heard of a "Swarovski" crystal before? I think my wife makes too much jewelry.

jerseygirl211 said...

Just another Hello... Happy to read your still enjoying life. It's snowing here today, wish warmer weather will come soon.

Hugs
Marian

Carroll said...

Diane, Love your blog. Sounds like the wire wrap worked out good. Sorry I missed it. A lot of all different types of beaders here. Hope you get a chance to try it one day.

Diane said...

To TK

What type of jewelry does your wife make?

Marion,

Stay warm. It looks like there is lots of snow, ice and cold weather there. Hope all is well.

Carroll,

It was great meeting you at Q. I am sorry that you couldn't get to the class with me. And I hope you are feeling better. We will be heading to North Ranch next month. How long are you staying there?

Diane

Neil Richard said...

Mostly necklaces and bracelets and some earrings. As to any particular "theme," you'd need to ask her. She's sold a few to friends and co-workers and given away a few as presents. And of course made several for herself. As long as the bill isn't too large, I'm okay with it.