3/24/2024

March 23 - 24, 2024 Travel to Yuma

March 23rd, 2024

After our final pack up and shut down, we handed in our lot papers and headed west to Yuma.

Cloudy, breezy day and saguaros in the distance:


Brittlebush blooming everywhere:



Starting the next crop:


And away we go - the desert is really green and lush:




We stopped in Dateland for lunch - a date shake - Yummy!  First one this season.

The scenery continues:



Heading up and over Telegraph Hill:



We landed on our lot and started unloading the RV and truck with items from our shed in Casa Grande.  Tomorrow we hope to organize it all - LOL!

We ended the day with a great steak dinner at the American Veterans and came home to the start of a sand storm.  Windy!

Stats for today:

Miles Traveled: 171 Miles

Routes Traveled:

Arizona: Montgomery Road; I-8; Araby Road; AZ-195; East County 14th Street:  South Avenue 4E; East County 17th Street; South Avenue 3 3/4 E 


March 24th, 2023

We started the day working on the shed: putting up shelves, figuring out what to store and organizing it.  Then reorganizing the truck for our upcoming trip.  Sheesh.  

In the middle of all of this, the wind really picked up and there was dust everywhere - Yikees.  It is still windy as I write this but at least we are back inside.

This afternoon, I headed to Artsy Fartsy to pick up my project - Glass and Resin.  It is just a beginning but I can see the possibilities.


We are not sure how long we will be in Yuma so stay tuned and enjoy today.




4 comments:

Judy Rinehimer said...

Hmm, I missed you, but I'll be back. I was on the west side of Yuma at Cocopah March 3-18, then spent last week at the FMCA rally at the Pima Fairground in Tucson. Today I moved to Benson for a few days, but on Tuesday or Wednesday, March 26/27 I will be heading WEST again. Where are you and for how long? -- CoolJudy

Diane said...

Hi Judy, We are at the SKP Park. We will be here for at least a week or more. Let us know when you are heading this way. I do not do FB messaging anymore - got hacked and could not stop it! But I think you have our number and we text on that. It would be good to see you!

Anonymous said...

You project looks very good. Hope that you survived the sand storm.

Diane said...

Thanks! Yes all is good today!