12/24/2010

December 14-24, 2010 Our New Home

What a busy 10 days this has been. 

We made the trip to Yuma and picked up our new (to us) coach.  We spent a few days there moving all our “stuff” and getting some items fixed…  Boy, we were exhausted…(now I remember why I also hated moving – :-)).

So now we are settled back in Casa Grande and just loving our coach.  The funny thing is we do not know where we put everything so every day is an adventure.  We continue to try to organize ourselves – LOL!!

So here is our new coach:

12-12-10 Casa Grande 008

12-12-10 Casa Grande 007

I took inside pictures before we loaded our stuff and uploaded them to Picassa.   Here is a slideshow and a link:

http://picasaweb.google.com/gardenhavens/1210NewBounderRV?feat=directlink

Some of the goodies…

A tub – and it is WONDERFUL…   After taking navy showers, it feels decadent to fill the tub and soak…although I end up using all the hot water – :-)).   Yes, this is only for full hook up sites!!!

A larger oven – it has been great to cook a ham and even a chicken – YEA!!!   I am going to have fun with this.  (Tina and Gail, you would be proud!)

A four door refrigerator – that speaks for itself!!  But you know, I still can’t get a pizza in the freezer or fridge!

And this coach is in excellent condition.  The only thing worn is the rugs (which I may replace with some other type of flooring).

We did have a combo washer/dryer but I sold that on Craig’s list – worked out pretty well.  Now we are looking at some type of shelving for that area.   I am also thinking of selling the TV from the bedroom.   We don’t watch it and I could use the space.

I also sold my pouches with the Flair and I really miss those.   So one of my next projects will be to decide what I need and make up new patterns.

So that is what has been keeping us busy.  And probably will for a while.

There are some other items that need to be fixed including some of the recalls that were not done by the previous owner so we will be heading back to Yuma in mid-January to hopefully get them all fixed.

We have also been enjoying ourselves at the park.  Carolyn and Pete who we last saw in Cottonwood last April are here with us for a few weeks and it has been great getting caught up. Also Joyce (who we last saw in Albuquerque) is here.  She and I share a hobby of making jewelry so it will be good to compare notes.   Plus we have been reconnecting with others in the park that we met last year.

There is a morning coffee group here as well as a craft/beading group and I hate to say it but…I have not been joining in – still too busy getting caught up..   Although next week they are making a bracelet that I may just want to do – :-))).   We have, however, been enjoying the daily Happy Hours – lots of socializing, announcements and fun!!  

One sad bit of news: Joe Peterson who founded the Escapees Club passed away suddenly this week.  Please keep him in your prayers.  Andy and I briefly met Joe in December 2008  (December 18, 2008 – Escapees – Touring and Dinner) and loved his stories.   I think of how many great people/friends that I have met thru this Club and will always be grateful to Joe and Kay for starting it.   Please keep Kay and their family in your prayers.

So about our future plans – yes they always change – LOL!!

We will be here in Casa Grande until January 9, 2011.  We will then be in Yuma getting some things done on the coach.  From there we are planning to go to Quartzsite.  (Depending on what is happening with the coach, we may be back and forth from Yuma to Q to Yuma.)  And what about Florida.  Well, we have decided to head that way after Quartzsite and who knows – :-)))

Merry Christmas to all our friends and family.  We are so blessed to have you in our lives.

To those who read the blog that we do not know.  I hope that some day our paths will cross.

Blessings to you all.

!cid_515182715@21122010-3326

 

2 comments:

KarenInTheWoods said...

Oh how nice to go to a Bounder from a Flair. The layout is very attractive too. We also have a tub in ours and I don't think I would ever want to go without one again! We use it ourselves plus for the grandkids and even washing the dogs. Makes for a roomier shower area too without feeling like a closed in narrow stall to bump the walls as you scrub up. LOL

Hint- I fill it first with total hot.. not using the cold faucet at all. Once that hot faucet starts to run cool, then shut off and wait 10 minutes for the hot water heater to recover. It recovers faster on propane than electric. Then finish filling with more hot/cold mix and reach a nice bath temp and enjoy! It's like a load and a half of water once you are ready to get in.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
(Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

Diane said...

Hi Karen and Steve,
Thanks so much for the tub/water tips.. only tried it once and ran out of hot water - LOL!!! But do love it!!

We just love the room!!!

Stay warm...you both need to go south for the winter - :-)))

Hugs,
Diane