5/20/2008

May 17, 2008 – Sunshine and Hiking

Sunshine – all day – how wonderful. We got out early and hit the trails. We took the “Story of the Forest” trail to the visitor’s center:
We stopped in the center to get trail maps for the meadow but were told to just follow the fire road and the animal paths so off we went to the Rapidan Fire Road. We came upon these fellows:


Pictures of the meadow:


The fire road was so nice that we kept on walking:


Some wildflowers along the way:

There are so many beautiful wildflowers here.

We tried to find the ruins of an old community school that was marked on the GPS but it was hidden from us - :-(. So we decided to head back. Today’s walk – 7.75 miles – really not bad for 2 old folks!

The afternoon was spent just relaxing and me, organizing (I am still not sure where I want everything.) (I know my friends will get a kick out of that – “A!!!") We have been on the road almost 2 weeks and hopefully, I will soon be done moving everything!

It has really been bothering me living without cell phone service so we drove around trying to find a place to call out. What is funny is that we also have a Tracfone that we did not turn on. Well, it works, here in the motorhome. The Verizon phone is still not working so I am not sure what is happening with it.

We found this incredible view at Fishers Gap Overlook (while we were looking for cell phone service):

Back at camp, we were finally able to enjoy the campfire for supper and until dark – YEA!!!


No comments: