1/13/2011

January 10-13, 2011 – Hanging out in Yuma

Monday, 10th
We left our little spot in Casa Grande and headed on down the road to Yuma.   When we arrived at the RV Peddler, they took us right away and by 4 PM, our refrigerator was repaired (new thermocouple) and the recall work done as well as our latches repaired.
We had expected to stay there all week but since we were finished and wanted to try out our new coach on boondocking, we headed north on SR-95 to meet up with Pete and Carolyn.     They found a great area on BLM lands that is not very crowded (which is a minor miracle this time of year.. )   I promise more pictures tomorrow,
Miles Traveled:  175 Miles
Routes Traveled:
Arizona:  I-8; 32nd Street (for repairs); SR-95

Tuesday, 11th – 01/11/11 – WOW – how about all those ones.. can’t wait until 11/11/11 – may need to play the lottery – :-)))))
We were awakened this morning at 4:30 AM (yes, that is AM….) by a BEEPING… from our refrigerator…  Guess what, no flow or no flame – whatever NO FL means…    So we got up, got our acts together and headed on back to the RV Peddler.
We pulled in , they put in a new board and we went to the camping area to wait…….and see what happens..   Now I need to tell you a story.   Back in December when we were here moving in to the new one, they put in a board, then took it out – saying it was something else.   So now after a new thermocouple and 2 hours of labor @$100/hr.. the board goes back in..  (If this works, just think about that extra money spent!!!)   (We were not charged since it was an issue from the beginning.)  During our waiting period, we did some shopping.    When we came back, all was still ok so back to our new spot we went.

Since it was a nice day, we decided to explore the campground.  We are parked near the canal:
 01-11-11  Yuma 004
Our little area:
01-11-11  Yuma 005
We are on the left, Carolyn and Pete are on the right:
01-11-11  Yuma 007 
Our home – :-))):
01-11-11  Yuma 015

We decided to take the trail to the VFW/BLM Land where our friends, Kay and Norval are staying.  The trail:
01-11-11  Yuma 009

It was a beautiful walk and the best part is that I was able to do it.   With not feeling well the last few months, taking a walk was not on my list of things to do…a small outing to Wal-Mart all but did me in.   So the fact I was able to do 1.5 mile round trip walk is a real good sign this latest treatment is working.
BTW, Kay and Norval were not home so we left our card – :-))).

Wednesday, 12th
Today was another beautiful day in paradise – sunny, warm – :-))).    And I actually felt pretty decent – YEA!!   We just did some things around the motorhome and chatted with our neighbors.   You know we always meet the greatest people – :-))).
Pete, Carolyn and Andy goofing around:
01-12-11  Yuma 003
We then took off to do a few things in town.
Yuma area has always fascinated me because there is desert all around and the valley is all farming.   When we drive in from the north or east, the scenery is brown and beige and then it seems like all of a sudden, there is all this greenery (and other great colors of vegetables/fruits):
01-12-11  Yuma 009
How about these cabbages – they were huge!!   (Makes me hungry for coleslaw and halupki’s – :-)))
01-12-11  Yuma 007
And there is the greatest roadside stands:
01-12-11  Yuma 012
where we picked up some oranges.   After a few other errands in town, we stopped by to see Kay and Norval.   They have a really nice spot in the woods and it was good to get caught up with each other.

Thursday, 13th
Today we went to pick up my refills in Algodones.  I am not sure whether I will need them but they were much cheaper than the pharmacy with my insurance – :-((((.   Oh well.   So today was a quick trip just for the meds.
From there we checked out the new Yuma Indoor Marketplace and then the Swap Meet.   There wasn’t much open at the swap meet so maybe we will go back this weekend and check it out again. 
And I came home and promptly took a nap – I think I overdid it – oh well.    But the good thing is that I got out and walking again.    I am still having a little pain but managing it without painkillers – Yea.   But I still have the out of breath issue.   Part of it is a side effect of the meds so we will see what happens when I finish them.

I also want to thank everyone who emailed me to wish me well.   And for the prayers also..   I am hoping I am on the mend.    On Tuesday, my doctor from Pottsville called and we discussed some other options if this did not work but I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Tomorrow we will be taking the motorhome into town to get the brake recall done and hopefully that will be end of the recalls – :-))).










4 comments:

Aussies Abroad said...

Hi Diane love finding out where you are! Question how did you get your map of the US and put in the colours please?
Love and hugs to you and Andy
Paula

Diane said...

Hi Paula,

Here is the link for the map:
http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/

You can also do Canada and Mexico..

So where are you and Norm now??
Hugs to you both.

Aussies Abroad said...

Hi Diane
Norm and I have just moved from Louisiana to Mississippi on our way to Rainbow Plantation in Mobile, AL. We will be staying there for a while before heading on to FL. I note you guys are heading to FL so you never know we may cross paths down the road. Hope so. Also hope you are feeling better.
Hugs
Paula

Aussies Abroad said...

Hi Diane
Thanks for the link.
Norm and I are currently in Mississippi after leaving Louisiana yesterday. We are heading to Rainbow Plantation in AL for a while and then going to FL. I note you are heading to FL so who knows our paths may cross which would be lovely.
I hope you are improving healthwise.
Take care and hugs
Paula