11/21/2009

November 14-21, 2009 - Our Stay in North Ranch

Sorry I haven’t updated in a week. So here is what we have been up to..

We had the motor home fixed on Wednesday to a nice hefty bill…. and our service plan did not cover it – Yikees!!! We used AutoTech in Wickenburg and they were really good and fair price wise (those who know my Andy know that he did some research). The mechanic, Neil, who fixed it reminded me so much of my dad. I had to go into the garage just to take a deep breath… The smells reminded me so much of growing up – for those who don’t know, my father was a mechanic and had his own business. So hopefully all will be well.

Living in the motor home is just like living in a stick home. There is always a to do list, so this week we did a lot of those little things – :-))) We also put up our screen room – first time on the road:

11-20-09 Congress 002

11-20-09 Congress 001

And we are really enjoying it!!!

We have also been enjoying some hobby time. I have been going to beading classes and playing around with trying to make movies of my pictures. Andy got a radio controlled helicopter and has been practicing with the flight simulator on the computer. Some day soon, he will have it flying – :-)):

11-21-09 Congress 007

11-21-09 Congress 005

The weather has been GEORGEOUS!!!! The skies have been clear, the nights are in the 40’s and the days are in the 70’s. What amazes me is that when the sun goes down, the temps drop quickly and the reverse in the morning – when the sun comes up, the temps rise quickly. The sunsets and sunrises are BEAUTIFUL and the stars, oh my!!! I even saw a few shooting stars and some satellites!

Speaking of stars, Steve, who we met in March and showed us the skies with his telescopes, is here in the park. So we have been able to see Jupiter and other star clusters – thanks Steve!!

It has been great reconnecting with people we met in March and also people we met in Pahrump a few weeks ago who are here for Thanksgiving. Did I say that I LOVE this club – Escapees!!!

We have not been doing much sightseeing but did get a chance to go up the Joshua Tree Parkway and take a little walk in the desert:

11-21-09 Joshua Tree Parkway (2)

11-21-09 Joshua Tree Parkway (20)a

11-21-09 Joshua Tree Parkway (25)

Ahhh, winter in Arizona! Life doesn’t get any better. WE ARE SO BLESSED!

One final note: Check out this website: http://www.letssaythanks.com/ (Thanks, Jona, for the link.) Xerox will send cards to our troops with your input. I checked it out on Snopes.com and it is true. So take a few moments and thank a service person today for the freedoms we all enjoy!

God bless!

No comments: