4/27/2007

April 27, 2007 - The Beginning

This is the eve of the start of living our dream of seeing this great country in our motorhome. The packing is done and the house almost shut down. So tomorrow, we leave for Shenandoah National Park. For how long, I don’t know – it feels so great to say that instead of being on a time schedule.

It is so hard for me to believe that this moment is here. Andy and I have dreamed of doing this and I never thought it would be a reality. But somehow it is happening!!!

This blog was started to keep our friends and family informed our travels. So I hope to tell you about the places we are and the places we have seen. And our experiences along the way. And it will also be a travel journal for us…

I will try to update as much as possible but I will be relying on free Wi-Fi so it may not be daily. I am hoping to keep a word document and then upload when I can get access.

Until then….

7 comments:

Mike & Sandy's Family said...

Safe Travels!! We are so excited for you guys to get out here. The Zumbach Family RV Resort is about ready for your reservation! Have fun....love you both. Mike & Sandy and family

Anonymous said...

diane and andy......wow, congrats on your retirement diane......wish it was me.........I am hoping for a lot of wonderful awesome moments for you both in your travels.....it will definately be interesting....drive safe and enjoy......I will be checking in on this blog regularly..........love,

your cousin
beth

Jennifer & Gary said...

It was wonderful to see the two of you the other night, we wish you the best of luck on your journey...and tell Andy that his little buddy will miss him (eventhough he won't admit it!). Enjoy the next couple months on the road.

Love ya!

Andy said...

Hope you guys have fun hiking the trails and seeing the falls. The Shen. Nat'l Park is one of my most favorite hiking destinations.

Unknown said...

Hope you have a wonderful trip. I'll be anxious to hear where you are and what you're up to. Mare

rev jim said...

This is GREAT I look forward to loggin'on, ENJOY, jim fryer.

Anonymous said...

WE CAMPED IN THE SHENANDOAH'S QUITE FREQUENTLY AS CHILDREN, VERY BEAUTIFUL..............TRIP SOUNDS INTERESTING SO FAR, YOU HAVE AVOIDED BEING ROBBED.......HAD VEHICLE TROUBLE.........BUT ARE TREATING IT ALL LIKE AN ADVENTURE.......THINGS ARE BUSY AROUND HERE, SPRING ALWAYS IS. SOFTBALL GAMES, SOCCER GAMES, TRACK MEETS, PROMS, SEMI FORMALS, ANNUAL AWARDS BANQUETS, SPORTS BANQUEST, HONOR SOCIETY DINNERS, ETC. YOU GET THE PICTURE.....BY THE TIME SCHOOL GETS OUT, I AM EXHAUSTED. MIKE WILL BE HOME NEXT WEEK FROM COLLEGE, CAN'T BELIEVE HIS FIRST YEAR IS DONE ALREADY................BILLY IS STILL ENJOYING HIS RETIREMENT, ALTHOUGH I AM NOT.........ANY CHANCE YOU WANT COMPANY????ha ha JUST KIDDING...........LOOKING FORWARD TO READING YOUR NEXT BLOGS......BETH