1/20/2023

December 26, 2022 to January 18, 2023 Our time in Yuma

Wow!  Does time fly when you are having fun…

Friends, New Friends, and Reconnections:

The most important thing we have done over the past few weeks was reconnect with folks we have not seen in a while and meet some new ones. 

On New Year’s Eve, Peg and Larry invited us out to their place in the desert for a nice party and celebration with their friends.  What a great time!  We reconnected with Jim, Jean, Bob, Peg’s mom and her husband and met new friends Merle and Tami.

A few weeks later part of that group met for breakfast at the Q.  Sadly Jim had a medical issue and was life flighted to Phoenix.  Keep him in your prayers.

I reconnected with two of my beading buddies, Sandy and Phyllis, for lunch one day.  It was great to see them and get caught up.  I hope to see them again when we come back to Yuma.

We had lunch with Nora and Lou.  I met Nora during Bead Week many years ago and we stayed in touch when she traveled and when we came to Yuma.  She has remarried and it was great to meet Lou.  They are heading back to Florida so hopefully we will see them again next season.  It was great to get caught up.

We visited with folks that we had met in Casa Grande who are now in the Yuma Park: Larry and Barb, Bonnie and Ken, Chuck and Linda.  Hopefully we will see them again when return in March.  Great getting caught up.

We had a few happy hours with Cal and Kitty and new friends, Stan and Beth.   What fun!

Another friend from Casa Grande, Howard, also came thru Yuma and we met him for supper one night.  It was nice seeing him.

We were just getting to know a few others from the park activities but then everything was cancelled because of folks getting Covid or the flu or what I called years ago… “the desert crud”.   The park reopened right before we left – oh well.

Sorry no pictures.  I was just having a great time enjoying the visits.

Mexico and Meeting Fellow Bloggers:

We had our second appointment with Dr. Roberto in early January.  We both had check-ups from the start of our implants and we each had a tooth fixed. Our final is in April.

We stopped for fish tacos for lunch – Yum.  We were joined by two wonderful ladies, Diane and Sue.  Oh my goodness, we just laughed and laughed.  I am always amazed at how easily it is to chat with folks you just meet.

From there, we did a little shopping, picked up a few medications, and went for a margarita – it was WONDERFUL!

As we are sitting there and enjoying the views and the weather, I look over at one of the tables and I said to Andy, “I know those folks”.  I follow a few blogs and here were three of those bloggers.  So we stopped on the way out and introduced ourselves.  What fun.  It is always nice to meet fellow bloggers.

They are:

Doug from “Miss Adventure Travels

Deb and Riley from “On a long and lonesome highway..

Tom and Deb from ”Celebrating the Dance

You can see their posts from that day – great pictures of Mexico:

https://missadventuretravels.blogspot.com/2023/01/a-great-day-with-friends.html

https://murpheys.blogspot.com/2023/01/a-very-wonderful-day-with-friendsand.html

https://tdcelebratingthedance.blogspot.com/2023/01/two-sunrises-enjoying-time-with-friends.html

Since I follow their blogs, hopefully we will meet up again and spend some time.

We are scheduled to be back to the dentist in early April and I do want to enjoy one of those margaritas again – LOL

Tourist..well not so much:

I have totally enjoyed the craft fairs, the quilt show, the flea markets, the swap meets, the thrift stores, and the junk shops.  I think I covered most of them.   Did I get anything?  Well, a few odds and ends for the motorhome and a few more pieces of Pfaltzcraft for my collection.  But I love looking, talking to folks, seeing what people sell and seeing what people make.  Lots of creativity out there.

We did get to another “Howling at the Moon”.  It was cloudy and the moon did not get above the clouds until after we left.  (We were meeting a friend for dinner.)  Oh well, next time.  But it was fun even without the howls – LOL!

I did get one picture of the moon on our way out:

DSC00393

We also visited the local Moose Lodge and the Amvets a few times – even played bingo and meat draw – Lots of fun!  And went to the Date Festival for some great date shakes.

RV and Gremlins and Upgrade:

In the past month, the only thing that broke was our shower head – easy to fix.  Hope the gremlins stay quiet in the new year.

Our water tank is under our bed and the bed takes two people to lift it. And we do not trust our water gauges.  (A few months ago, it said 1/3 and there was no more water…. (Thank God I was finishing my shower when it started to spit!). 

On a side note: We use blink cameras at home and a few months ago Amazon had another great sale and I ordered more.  So we got to thinking…Maybe put a camera there.  And that is what did and it seems to be working great.  We also are going to use some of those cameras around the motorhome when we are parked.  And the great thing is that the system is separate from our house at no extra cost!

Status of windshield covers: Apparently no one has the pattern for this RV yet.  I did find a place in Montana that sells the material I need so I will order when I get home and I guess, I will be making them.  We will see how that goes.  (On the material it is not that no one else sells it, it just that they sell it by the bolt and I don’t need a bolt.  This company in Montana sells it by the foot.)

 

Our lots:

We walked around the park quite a few times looking at other lots: how they are situated and what type of sheds, pavers, and concrete are there.  We are trying to get an idea of what we want to do with our lot or if we are going to do anything.

I still can’t make up my mind…… And my poor Andy has told me that he is done deciding…  LOL!

Ending and Request and Future:

We have enjoyed the weather, the sites around Yuma and the sunrises and sunsets (sorry no pictures), reconnecting with old friends and meeting new.

Please also keep my friend Felicia in your prayers.  She was life-flighted to Allentown last week and is hanging in there.

So tomorrow we head to Quartzsite for two weeks and then to Emerald Cove for three weeks.  Our daughter and grandson are coming to visit so it will be fun.  Beyond that..I will figure that out next month.

Thanks for following along.  Stay tuned and enjoy today.

FB_IMG_1668169850291

2 comments:

Judy Rinehimer said...

I hope you are coming to Boomerville!!! See you soon!
I'm heading to Yuma to stay and golf at COCOPAH Feb. 2-12.
(((HUGS))(

Diane said...

Thanks Judy, It was so great seeing you and so many others at Q. Still others we missed... Talk to you soon.