11/27/2022

November 12–27. 2022 Our Time in Pahrump Nevada

WOW!  Hard to believe we have been here for two weeks.  Time sure does fly.  So what have we been up to?

On November 13, 2022, our time was up at Preferred RV so we moved to the local Moose Lodge.  They have water and electric and a dump station when the lodge is open.  Had a great time that afternoon, chatting and drinking with the local folks.  We really love the Moose Lodges.

On Monday, November 14, 2022, we moved to the Escapees Co-op, Pair-a Dice for a week (or so we thought!)

Our Anderson Kantleak part arrived on Tuesday and Andy replaced the part.  It is wonderful to have water again without the pump going crazy.  We also thought our pump was dying but it turned out that it was only the valve that we replaced.  Yippee!  So we celebrated that night at the VFW at their Taco night.  Another great place here!

But the next day, Andy had a fever and did not feel good and it continued!  On Thursday, we went to the local Urgent Care and he was diagnosed with pneumonia and given meds. Every day he has improved and as of today (11/27), he is much better.   It was a little scary!  (And that is why we stayed an extra week here.)

--------

So I want to talk a little bit about the VA.  Andy’s home VA is in Lebanon, PA.  First we called and left a message for his PA.  Second, we remembered we received a brochure in the summer from the VA about what to do if we were traveling.  We called that number (VA TELE-URGENT 833-835-3874) and they answered right away.  We explained our situation with the nearest VA is about 50 miles away and that it was not our home VA system.  Once we gave her the zip code where we are located, she gave us the name and location of a local Urgent Care and told us to tell them that Andy is covered under the MISSION ACT.  So off we went and they knew everything about the Mission Act.  How Wonderful! 

As for the medications, we had them call in the prescriptions to the local Walmart.  When we went to pick them up, they helped us get the cost down with Good RX.  The pharmacy tech came out to talk to me about the VA.  Walmart does not have a contract with the VA, however, many other places do.  She told me to call around wherever we are and ask if they have a contract with the VA under the Mission Act.

I am writing all this here in case my blog is read by traveling veterans and they did not know about this.  When we were at the VFW this past week, we got to talking with the couple that are in charge and they did not know about it as well as Andy’s local PA in Pennsylvania.  So please spread the word… remember the telephone number and the Mission Act.

------

As some of you may know, I have arthritis and osteoporosis, so on a daily basis, I deal with a little pain.  But, I can tell you that the pain almost disappears when I am in the desert.  Last summer, I got a new Fitbit and this week decided to learn how to use it (besides telling time – LOL!).  Now I am starting to walk again with small daily step goals. It is wonderful not to have that pain!!  Hopefully I can keep it up and have more strength when I get back home.

-------

Andy is also teaching me some of the systems on the RV that I did not know.  So in the past week, I have learned how to flush the black tank.  (We did not have that system on the Bounder.)  Also learned how to regenerate the catalyst on our osmosis system.  Fun!

And in keeping with learning and keeping my brain active….   In the summer I got a new camera and know it can do a lot!  So that is my goal over the next few months – to learn all it can do. 

For some who didn’t know, two summers ago, I started occasionally helping my friends, Gerry and Chuck of King Cole Winery with wine tasting at some festivals.  It has been so much fun.   My RAMP certification has come due so I finished that course this week.  Yes, I passed – YEA!

---------

Another fun repair this week – NOT!  Our toilet came off its foundation!  WTH!  Never had that happen.  So Black Friday, we are traveling to find parts.  Even traveled to Las Vegas but nope, no part.  So we ended up at Lowes and Andy has pieced it together.  Next week, we will be in Yuma for a few weeks and we will be able to order the correct part.  Sheesh, it never ends!

--------

In between is the usual, laundry, cleaning, organizing the RV, etc.  I am going to do a blog on all our improvements, repairs, upgrades, etc.  sometime this winter season.

We did get out to the Moose for Thanksgiving and the VFW for their Taco Salad night.  We did not do much around the Co-op Park.  This park was very active at one time but the COVID shut downs really stopped a lot and they have not come back.  So so sad. 

--------

Here is a funny that happened during this time too.  I started an Instagram account and then realized that I was not receiving anything from them.  When I checked, I received a notice that my account was disabled because I violated their rules.    HAHAHAHAHA!  I had 0 posts, 0 followers and I followed 1 person.  So I wrote to them and had them explain to me what I violated since I did not post nor does anyone follow me and I only follow 1 person.   Their response:

Screenshot_20221127-154355

Now how funny is that.  Makes one wonder, doesn’t it?  Still having problems seeing messages so if you send me anything, I may or may not see it….   Sheesh!

--------------------

Thanksgiving Weekend is famous for lots of craft fairs and I just love craft fairs.  On Saturday, I went to the Tivoli Village in Las Vegas for their show.  The village looks like a little place in Italy where you walk the street.  I had a blast!

2022-11-26 B Tivoli Village Las Vegas (2)

2022-11-26 B Tivoli Village Las Vegas (4)

2022-11-26 B Tivoli Village Las Vegas (3)

2022-11-26 B Tivoli Village Las Vegas (6)

What a cute little place!

Scenes from the trip to and from Las Vegas:

The snow has been on that mountain for the past 3 weeks.  Some days it is heavier than others:

2022-11-26 A Travel Pahrump Vegas (4)

Going thru Red Rock Canyon:

2022-11-26 A Travel Pahrump Vegas (8)

2022-11-26 A Travel Pahrump Vegas (11)

Coming back to Pahrump and the wind was blowing:

2022-11-26 C Travel Vegas Pahrump (11)

The colors of the mountains when the sun is setting – Beautiful!

2022-11-26 C Travel Vegas Pahrump (12)

2022-11-26 C Travel Vegas Pahrump (14)

We really like Pahrump and will be back when the weather is a little warmer.  I would like to explore more here and more in Nevada.  Maybe next year. Smile

So now that I am caught up on the blog and rambled enough, tomorrow we head south.  We are going to spend a few days in Quartzsite and then head to Yuma for a few weeks.

So stayed tuned and enjoy today.

10463060_767425176671542_5070693962780649174_n

 

 

No comments: