3/10/2013

March 10, 2013 – Bizarre Day

My normal morning ritual is get up, feed the cats, pour a cup of coffee, and check my email.  Occasionally one of the kitties will jump on my lap and fall asleep.  Well this morning, they both wanted lap time – how funny.

03-10-13 A Hi Jolly Quartzsite 001 

Today was also chore day so I headed first to the transfer station to get rid of our garbage – they are only open Sunday thru Wednesday.  Then to the laundry on 95 – Nice place – reasonable, clean, and free Wi-Fi.  While there I met a woman from Pennsylvania who is now full timing.  She is also going to Bead Week – small world.   Anyway, she spends quite a bit of time in Quartzsite and told me about a number of the beading and crafting activities that happen at the QIA.  I had seen their calendar but I thought you had to be a member – apparently not.  So next season, I will need to check it out – :-)

Back home, Andy and I started packing up some things – we will be heading out tomorrow.  I also did some reading and beading and watched our neighborhood get crowded.

Here we are on last Monday:

03-04-13 C Quartzsite - Hi Jolly 004 

Can you even find us today?:

03-10-13 A Hi Jolly Quartzsite 011

Here is the cluster of RV’s around us (there was another one that parked behind us not too long after this picture was taken):

03-10-13 A Hi Jolly Quartzsite 004

Now the next four pictures show how much room there is here:

03-10-13 A Hi Jolly Quartzsite 006

03-10-13 A Hi Jolly Quartzsite 007

03-10-13 A Hi Jolly Quartzsite 008

03-10-13 A Hi Jolly Quartzsite 009

And behind this 5th wheel, there is another whole area that is EMPTY.  So for a number of days, I could sit at my dinette, look out the front, side and back windows and have a clear view of the sunsets, mountains, etc.   Not anymore!

All I can say is BIZARRE – a whole area to park in and ?????  And only 2 RV’s are together – ?????  We watched people from different RVs go check out other RV’s (walked around it , etc.).  You know, we have been coming to the desert for 5 years now and I have never experienced this.  If we weren’t leaving tomorrow, I would definitely be moving to the other side.  Can I say it again – BIZARRE!

I truly was tempted to knock on every door and have a happy hour just to get to know the thinking behind this but then again the checking of the other RVs unnerved me.

OMG_thumb[1]

Tomorrow we are heading to North Ranch, an Escape Park near Wickenburg.  We will be there for three weeks – Bead Week is the end of the month, can’t wait.

Enjoy today! Open-mouthedLeft HugRed rose

2 comments:

KarenInTheWoods said...

Isn't that amazing how they all cluster around you instead of going far far away????

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Karen and Steve
The USA Is Our Big Backyard
http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com

Diane said...

Not sure why either Karen, it was really strange...never had that happen before.