8/24/2011

August 21, 2011 – Travel to Shenandoah National Park

We did our final preparations this morning to the motorhome and the house and then we were “On the Road Again”.

“On the road again -
Just can't wait to get on the road again.
Goin' places that I've never been.
Seein' things that I may never see again
And I can't wait to get on the road again.
On the road again -
Like a band of gypsies we go down the highway
We're the best of friends.
Insisting that the world keep turning our way
And our way
is on the road again.
Just can't wait to get on the road again.”

(With deepest respect to Willie Nelson in chopping parts of his song - :-))

Even though it was sunny when we left Pottsville, by the time we crossed over into Maryland, the skies were gray and we had rain until we arrived at the park.

Our usual first picture – :-):

 08-21-11 Travel on I81 001

Every trip that Andy and I have taken starts out with a picture of the driver – don’t ask me why we do it but just one of those little quirks – LOL.

Andy’s favorite signs (gas price signs that is):

08-21-11 Travel on I81 003

Once we set up, the skies cleared and the sun came out – our site at Big Meadows Campground in the National Park:

08-21-11 D Shenandoah NP Big Meadows CG 002

One of my favorite pastimes – sitting by the fire.   We had steak and baked potatoes and a salad – what a great first supper.

08-21-11 D Shenandoah NP Big Meadows CG 003

And enjoyed a wonderful campfire evening.

We do not have internet or cell phone service so not sure when this will be posted.  I think it will depend on how long we will be staying and how long I can last without my “E-Fix”.

Stay tuned.

Stats:

Miles Traveled:  270 Miles

Routes Traveled:

Pennsylvania: US-209; SR-125; I-81

Maryland: I-81

West Virginia: I-81

Virginia: I-81; US-33; Skyline Drive

No comments: