3/31/2011

March 30 - 31, 2011 Travel to Heiskell, Tennessee

Wednesday, March 30

We left our little spot along the river and headed north.   Our goal today was Scottsboro, Alabama at the Unclaimed Baggage Center.  This is a huge warehouse where all the airlines send their unclaimed baggage to be sold.

We arrived early afternoon and parked in the gravel lot.  We also knew that we could spend the night there and that was our original plans.  Well, we went in and browsed and were finished within the hours.   I guess we expected something different.  It is like a huge thrift shop but the prices are much higher.  In some cases, I thought the prices were way out of line for used.   My recommendation – if you are in the area, it may be worth a walk through but I would not go out of the way.   I have seen better prices elsewhere.

So we pressed on and overnighted at a Wal-Mart in Cleveland, Tennessee.

Some pictures from today:

03-30-11  X US72 near AL Border 011

03-30-11  X US72 near AL Border 006

03-30-11  X US72 near AL Border 009 

Miles Traveled: 318 Miles

Routes Traveled:

Alabama: CR-7; US-80; US-31; US-82; I-65; I-459: I-59; SR 35

After stop:

Alabama: SR-35; SR-279; US-72; I-24 E

Georgia: I-24E

Tennessee: I-24 E; I-75; SR-60; US-11

Thursday, March 31

We woke this morning to a lot of company at the Wal-Mart and of all the trucks there was only one that ran his motor all night. – Yep, parked right next to us – :-(((.   So we were up early and continued our travels to Heiskell, Tennessee where we are camped at Raccoon Valley RV Park, an Escapee Park (we are checking them all out – :-))).   We will be here for a week or more depending on the weather further north.

We went to Social Hour this afternoon and had a great time.  And we hope to do some sightseeing over the next few days so stay tuned.

 

Miles Traveled: 91 Miles

Routes Traveled:

Tennessee: SR-2; I-75; I-40; I-640; I-75; SR-170

No comments: