1/21/2011

January 17-21, 2011 – Sick, Sitting and Observing in Yuma

Not a lot to say about the past few days.  On Monday, Andy came down with the flu and on Tuesday, I had it – oh my.   By Tuesday night, Andy’s fever broke and by Wednesday, mine broke.  So we were just left with the lingering cough, achiness, etc.  

On Tuesday, we left our friends Carolyn and Pete and our nice little spot in the desert to the Yuma Elks Lodge since we needed to dump.  Plus it was closer to Fisher Chevrolet – we were waiting for a recall part to come in which it did today so now all our recalls have been done – YEA!!

And we hope to see Pete and Carolyn in Quartzsite over the next week.

So what else have we been doing – well – nothing.  When I get the flu and take medicine, I seem to be in a daze.  Andy is the same way.   So the past couple days we have been in a daze and entertained by watching the world outside our window.

Right behind our motorhome is small dune where there are three burrowing owls nests.  It has been fascinating to watch their comings and goings all thru the day.  I even have some pictures:

  01-19-11 Elks Yuma 011

01-19-11 Elks Yuma 037

01-19-11 Elks Yuma 042 

01-19-11 Elks Yuma 042a

Did not see any babies but then I did not get real close.. these shots were taken with a 300 mm lenses and enlarged.   Wonderful little creatures.  Aren’t they the cutest.  (Now I am not sure if they were observing me observing them or just observing us – get that???)

We have also watched the comings and goings of the RV’s at the lodge.   About a week ago there was a discussion on a couple blogs and some newsgroups about the difference between RVers and campers.  Every person has their own idea and that is okay but to me, it is the person’s nature.   We have watched one guy make sure his group got parked okay with enough room (now understand that these sites are tight) and we have watched others just not care how much room they took.   We watched one guy park his truck in one area making it inconvenient for others to go past.  We watched one lady check sites to see if others were over the line  - yes, she check us out too – what a hoot…  And no she did not work here, she came in the day after we did.   I probably have a lot more stories but don’t want to bore you..   It has been really interesting and like the saying goes “It takes all kinds” – :-))

I am not one to just sit – usually drives me crazy.  I need to be doing something, whether I am reading, talking, on the computer, beading or watching TV.   But it has been an interesting couple days to just rest and watch..   Hmmmm, maybe I will have to do this more – LOL!!!

Anyway, tomorrow we are off the Quartzsite to see friends and the shows and all the “STUFF”.   So stay tuned

 

1 comment:

Erik's RV Blog said...

Getting sick is never fun but at least you're on the other side of it and getting better!

The owls are very cute! We have an owl that sits on our neighborhood house roofs and is so big people take great care so their cat or small dog doesn't get taken away by it.

I saw it across the street once and was amazed by it's sheer size and wing span.