1/16/2011

January 14-16, 2011 – Still in Yuma

Friday, 14th

Last night around midnight, we awoke to the sound of a helicopter nearby going back and forth along the other side of the canal.   Not sure what was happening or what they were looking for but it went on for over an hour.   A bit unnerving to say the least…

Anyway, this morning we made our way to Fisher Chevrolet for our brake recall which they completed in less than 2 hours – WOW!.   We have also found out that there was another recall on the display array so parts are ordered and should be in next Wednesday or Thursday.   Then I think we are done with all the recalls.   So we will be hanging around our little spot for another 5-6 days.

We did get to the Yuma Marketplace – just love that place.   We don’t buy much but have a good time looking at all the “Stuff”.   Thank God for living in a motor home – we have to really need something to buy it.    We did get to talk with Pam and Steve there and hope to see them sometime next week in Boomerville at Quartzsite.

When we were at the Escapade in September, I purchased inside screening for our front window.  Well, since then I have been checking out places to get that same material to do some of the other windows.   And I am happy to report I finally found a place in Yuma – and they had lots of different colors too – :-)).   So now I have to figure out how I want to do the screens in our new home and how much I will need…

Carolyn and Pete stopped by when they got home and we had a great time getting caught up with our day.

I know I said I was only going to post when I became tourist but it seems like if I don’t write something every day, I get out of the habit.   So I am going to try something new – I know, AGAIN!!! – LOL – :-))).    I may not post every day when there is little going on but I hope to update every day….

Today was the last day for my medications and I felt pretty good..so hopefully I am on the mend.  

 

Saturday, 15th

Just hanging out today…   We spent the morning just chatting with our neighbors.   Andy and Pete went off to help two of the neighbors while Carolyn and I enjoyed the sun.   Norval and Kay stopped by to say hello on their way out to brunch.     Then after lunch  Andy and I took a little walk since it was an absolutely beautiful day – :-))).

Notice the RV’s in the next two photo’s.   That is where we are camped – great view of the mountains all around us.

01-14-11 Yuma 006

01-14-11 Yuma 028 

And farming areas right next to the canal and desert – that just amazes me.

01-14-11 Yuma 011

01-14-11 Yuma 037

We came across these bee hives – and gave them a wide berth!

01-14-11 Yuma 017

The Main Canal:

01-14-11 Yuma 038 

01-14-11 Yuma 034

The side canal that goes to the fields in the above pictures:

01-14-11 Yuma 032

The Main Canal is on the right – this is the water that comes directly from the Colorado River.  On the left is the side canal that goes to the fields.  We see this all over this part of Arizona and in areas of Southern California.

01-14-11 Yuma 020

This was at the end of what we thought was the dam.  Apparently it is some type of holding area:

01-14-11 Yuma 023

01-14-11 Yuma 026    

It was a nice walk – we did about 2 miles  - Yea!  And then I rested the rest of the afternoon – LOL!!!   But at least I got out and walked – another good sign!

This evening was spent getting my beads and braiding organized – when we moved in, I just stacked everything in one place.  So I needed to see where everything is and what my next project will be.   First is to do some repairs of items that broke and next to finish up a number of projects (or make a decision to take them apart and not finish – LOL!!!)..  Hmmm, I must be feeling better – :-))).

 

Sunday, 16th

This morning we went to breakfast with Sandy and Raul at the Cocopah.  Then back to their house – it was so great to see them again and get to spend some time together getting caught up.  We always enjoy visiting with them.

We made a few stops on the way back and spent the rest of the day relaxing, and talking with Carolyn and Pete and Tina…

And enjoying this BEAUTIFUL WEATHER!!   We are so blessed!

No comments: