5/11/2010

May 9-10, 2010 Travel to Ohio

Happy Mother’s Day!

Sunday

We left our little spot today and headed east.  Our first stop was to get gas and the clerk gave me a rose for Mother’s Day – wasn’t that nice – :-))

Our nest stop was at the Visitor Center in Illinois to pick up a map and when I signed the guestbook, I was told I was a winner – a $10.00 gift certificate to Kroger’s – YAHOO!!!  How about that – :-)))).    Two presents this morning and it wasn’t even 10 AM.

Our travels continued thru Missouri, crossing the swollen Mississippi:

 05-09-10 A Travel 009

Thru Illinois and into Indiana.   We traveled mostly thru small towns and farmland – Beautiful!

05-09-10 B Travel (9)

05-09-10 B Travel (11)

05-09-10 B Travel (12)

We overnighted at Wal-Mart in Bedford, Indiana.

Monday

We continued our journey thru Indiana into Ohio – more farmland and forests:

05-09-10 C Travel (5)

And we arrived at Hueston Woods State Park near Oxford, Ohio.   So in the past few days, we travel thru four states – WOW!  We are also now in the eastern time zone – haven’t been in this time zone since 12/08.

We met one of the campground host couples – Karen and Tom who are also Escapees and spent the afternoon and evening talking about our travels – great couple, great chatting and great campfire (Thank, Tom for the wood).  That is what this life is all about – :-)))).

And the storms came in late tonight!

 

Miles Traveled: 495 Miles

Routes Traveled:

Missouri: SR-T; US-60: I-57

Illinois: I-57; US-50

Indiana: US-50; I-275

Ohio: I-275; SR-128; SR-27; SR-73; SR-177

No comments: