5/29/2010

May 16, 2010 - Home

We left Huber Heights/Dayton early this morning and made our way thru Ohio, West Virginia and home to Pennsylvania:

05-16-10 X Travel 010

Andy and I have been to many states and still agree that Pennsylvania is one of the most beautiful.

The turnpike bridges:

05-16-10 X Travel 032

The wind turbines:

05-16-10 X Travel 013

My girlfriend Sue and her husband, Steve:

05-16-10 X Travel 015

They were very active in the Bedford Village but Sue lost her life in a car accident in October of 2008 – such a wonderful person and I am so glad that this picture is there.

We arrived home and were surprised by our friends and family.  My girlfriends opened up and cleaned my house and my cousin turned on all the utilities and worked on the yard.  Then they had a little party for us and cooked supper – I am doubly/triply blessed!!!!    Thank you all so much.

05-16-10 Z Home 009a

Our little Dusty freaked when we brought him into the house – poor kitty!  So back to the motorhome he went. (See below)

It is good but strange to be home.  Thank you all for following along with us.  Our plans right now are to be home for the summer and leave sometime late August/early September.   I will not be posting much during the summer but will start up regularly when our journey continues.  Stay tuned – :-).

Miles Traveled: 490 Miles

Routes Traveled:

Ohio: Kitridge Road; Bath Road; SR-4; I-70; I-270; I-70; I-470

West Virginia: I-470; I-70

Pennsylvania: I-70; I-76; I-81; SR-125; US-209; Chestnut Street

Note:

Sorry it took me so long to finalize this part of our journey.  Since we got home we have been cleaning the motorhome, organizing the house (there will definitely be a BIG YARD SALE this summer), and getting caught up with friends and family.  For those of you in the area, please feel free to stop by.  For those who are traveling, give us a call.  Our driveway is open.

Dusty has gotten accustomed to the house and just loves running thru the place.  He has become a lap cat – which he wasn’t in the motorhome – how cute.  And he is just fascinated with looking at all the birds outside (and catching the bugs that get inside – LOL!).

My blog views has almost reached 20,000 and that does not include the regular emails that are sent.  WOW!  It has been great having you all come along on our dream with us!   And we hope to have many more!

God bless!

No comments: