3/02/2010

March 1, 2010 – Travel to Gila Bend, Arizona

We said our goodbyes to Bruce and Sue this morning (we will miss you) and headed down the highway towards Gila Bend (after dumping tanks that needed to be dumped and filling tanks that needed to be filled – LOL!).  We did stop for gas in Yuma – can you believe that was the first time we fueled up since January 12  - we only traveled ~435 miles since then.

We went this way back in December and could not believe the difference – lots of grass growing in the desert due to the rain and everything is getting so green.  I hope we are here for the wildflowers – :-)). (Sorry no pictures – I was taking care of Dusty.)

We are camped at Holt’s Shell RV Park for 2 days – it is so so nice to have full hookups – :-)) before we head back out to the desert.  For my non-RV followers, that means showers every day.  And to my RV friends – that means showers every day (LOL – I know you are smiling.).  I like boondocking because the areas are usually the most scenic and there is lots of room.  But after a period of boondocking, I really like having full hookups for a couple days – :-)))

Their laundry is also reasonable and clean so I took advantage.  And with the full hookups I was able to do some cleaning.  We will be heading to North Ranch later this month and I really need to do more cleaning while we are there – I love the desert but it really does get dusty.

Speaking of dusty – our little kitty, Dusty, had a rough travel day.  He initially hid under the table, then made it to the bedroom and howled.  I picked him up and he was just shaking all over and very upset.  Thank God there was a parking area nearby so we stopped.  I got him calmed down, we had lunch, then I held him as we went on.  As long as I was near him, he did okay and by the time we were at the RV Park, he was asleep and doing good.    It is a little disconcerting to us because in a few weeks, we will be heading back east and there may be some long travel days.  We will take this one step at a time…

Tomorrow we are planning to check out Painted Rock Petroglyph Site so stay tuned.

(Today is March 1, 2010 – we have been on the road 456 days – WOW!

 

Stats for Today:

Miles Traveled: 130 Miles

Routes Traveled:

California: Ferguson Road; Senator Wash Road: Imperial Dam Road

Arizona: Imperial Dam Road, SR-95; I-8

No comments: