9/29/2009

September 29, 2009 – Sick Day

Since I am not feeling well and Andy is still not up to par, we decided we need to get to a full hook up place and relax and get better.  So off we went to Elma, WA where there was a great Passport America park.

After setting up, we have spent the day relaxing and watching TV.  I have finally updated the blog – on our spare computer.  If anyone has sent me an email last week and I have not answered, please resend – all the others are gone!

And more Dell info.  I got a call today that the video card was in and I tried to set the appointment for next Friday (9th).  The technician told me that I had to have it done in 5 days.  I explained the issue I had in March/April and would he please hold the part until next week.  He would call me back.  Well, I got a call back from someone at Dell and he told me to call them next week with a case number and they would resend the part – that is correct, the part has to go back and then it will be resent (now how cost effective is that!).  I explained about the previous issue and he checked it out – came back and told me that I waited 20 days for a part (longer than I remembered but hey they at least had those records).  But still didn’t change his mind.  (We actually went back and forth with a couple options but no deal!!!)   So I could wait 20 days for a part but they can’t wait 10 days for me – HMMMMM.    (Anyone out there recommend another computer.) 

I also talked with both technicians about this being the second time it has happened and both said I may need another motherboard.  I said that I am shortly out of warranty – no matter, will be considered an ongoing problem – this will be interesting to see!!

So next week I call with a case number to a general 800 number (they could not even give me an extension to call) and we start ALL OVER AGAIN.   (And you know when you are not feeling well, it is just all that more frustrating.)

We hope to be traveling again soon but our main goal now is to get better!

Stats:

Miles Traveled: 68 miles

Routes Traveled:

Washington: WA-503; I-5; US-12

 

2 comments:

Ron and Bonnie Hough said...

Hi Andy and Diane . . .
Love your blog! Great pictures and lots of lifetime memories. Enjoyed your company in Randle. We live close to Lake Stevens so let us know if you have time to get together. Perhaps lunch or dinner at a local restaurant - or at our house. ronwhough@comcast.net
--- Ron & Bonnie ---

Diane said...

Hi Ron and Bonnie,
We had a great time also - just saw your comment and dinner sounds great - will call you later today.
Diane and Andy