4/29/2009

April 28, 2009 – Delta Junction

The first thing on our agenda tonight was washing the motorhome.  What a difference!!

Andy spent the rest of the morning and afternoon waxing part of it.  I spent the time on the computer – :-) trying to get the blog caught up.  My connection here is very slow..  Email is next. And I also spent time trying to find us a place in Fairbanks for next week.  I found two places open but still looking for water and dump station (everyone has told me that theirs is still frozen – Yikees!)  I am also hoping that this great weather will defrost some of them so they are open next week.

We went to dinner tonight at the Buffalo Center Cafe and had buffalo burgers – MMMMMM!  From there we took a ride to the Tanana River – yes, ice breakup happened here.  Won’t be long now for the official Nenana Ice Classic to end.

The Tanana (notice the iceberg):

04-28-09 Delta Junction 003

 04-28-09 Delta Junction 001

This is also where the pipeline crosses the Tanana.

 04-28-09 Delta Junction 004

 04-28-09 Delta Junction 011

And I am finally caught up with the blogs..  Have a great evening everyone!

No comments: