3/14/2009

March 13, 2009 – Computer and Beading

Today was one of those uneventful days – I so needed it!!!

I am almost done loading what I need on my new computer – what a pain. My old computer had everything I needed at my fingertips plus it was XP. This one is Vista so not only did I have to reload everything but learn Vista also. It is going to be a fun month coming up...

Since I no longer have access to Microsoft Office, I downloaded Open Office – great program! It is very similar to Word and Excel. It also has some other programs that I have not tried yet but I am happy!!! Vista does not support Outlook Express for Mail so I am using Microsoft Mail (not Windows Live Mail) and it is not bad, once I figured it out. So far so good!!

If you have sent me an email and are waiting for an answer, please resend the email. I am not sure how much was lost when it crashed.

I did get to beading class today and learned more – I am having a great time learning more stitches and designs. And meeting all the ladies who are just wonderful. In three weeks, they are having “Bead Week” which is an intense week of beading. Not sure if we will be here but you know I would love to be.

They also have Woodcarvers Week the week before Bead Week. So many activities here, I just love it.

Andy and Elliot had a great day today and that makes me feel good.

We are hoping to do some sightseeing in the next week so stay tuned for pictures and our adventures.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are having a busy time at the moment over there!