2/14/2009

February 13, 2009 – Salton Sea

We woke to another beautiful day and I feel much, much better.

We did take a ride today to Bombay Beach at the Salton Sea. Some pictures:

Now I have to tell you: I got out of the car and crossed the fence to take these pictures but the smell was terrible. There were a number of fish carcasses in various stages of decomposition. It is really sad since this place is so beautiful. From what I am reading, the Salton Sea is getting a lot of runoff from the many farms in the area and it is killing many of the wildlife. There is a movement to clean it up so we will see.

We then traveled a few of the other roads between the Slabs and Bombay Beach and came across many lemon orchids – neat!

Yesterday, Mary and Rich came back from their travels and are parked next to us. And we joined their campfire tonight and met some more great people. I have really missed those fires.

And the stars tonight – awesome. There is no moon out so we could easily see the Milky Way – oh my!

No comments: