6/12/2008

June 11, 2008 – Travel to the Catskills

Our travels today took us through some heavily congested areas (notice the routes below) and we arrived at the Kenneth L. Wilson Campground in the Catskill State Park (NY). We were able to get a first come, first serve, beautiful site (I will have pictures tomorrow). It is great to be back in the woods.

After we set up, we took our bikes and checked out the rest of the campground and the day area. There is a large pond here so we are planning to do some kayaking as well as some hiking. We are also near the town of Woodstock and Phoenicia (quaint little places) so we hope to check them out.

And my booster works!! Without the booster and new antenna, I have service but no bars on the cell phone and a red light (no service) on the air card. With everything on, I have three bars on both. Amazing… So for now when it is turned on, I have access!!! (I will not keep it on all the time because of the power drain.)

There is a lot of wood available here so we are really going to enjoy many campfires…

Until tomorrow. (Hey I may even be updating daily or every other day!)


Miles Traveled: 163 miles
Routes Traveled:
NJ: US-9, Garden State Parkway
NY: I-87, US-28, CR-45, CR-40

No comments: