7/26/2007

July 25, 2007 – The Mountain and Travel to Wasilla

The mountain was out in all its glory today. Isn’t this incredible!!




Mount McKinley is North America’s highest mountain at 20,320 feet. Permanent snowfields cover more than 75 percent of the mountain and feed the glaciers that surround its base. The mountain’s granite and slate core is overlain by ice that is hundreds of feet thick in places – WOW!

I was so glad that we were able to see it fully – what an impressive sight.

We traveled to Wasilla and are camping at the Alaska Trails RV and Camper Park. We will be here for a few days – RV maintenance (oil change, etc.) as well as laundry, getting in supplies, etc. And I am near a Wi-Fi hotspot so I hope to get caught up with mail, blog, bills, etc.

Miles Traveled: 66
Routes Traveled:
Alaska: AK-3 (Parks Highway)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Diane, I'm jealious I'll trade you places anytime you want you sholud be bored by now. HA HA
This is increadable your journey the only thing the picture's remind me of Minersville to much you definetilly need a change of screany.
love YA
TINA